Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hippo & Friends - Jeannie Lieu (InsideoutJeans)

Hello all! I'm back with a compilation of some of my favorite stamp sets (Moody Unicorn, Hippo with Butterly, Hoppiness). The best thing about GSD stamps is that they work well together and you can easily mix and match.


Since the main card is focused on the different animals, I wanted to use a background that was colorful and fun. I've been really enjoying playing with distress oxide inks lately. Even though I don't have many of them, I love how I was able to use three of them (Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Fossilized Amber) to create six different colors, essentially the rainbow! I sprinkled a bit of water and picked it up with a paper towel. And if that wasn't enough, I wanted to add a little pizzazz so I used the gold color from the Finetec watercolor palette and sprinkled it over the background. It's a bit hard to pick up in the pictures but you can see how subtly pretty it makes the background. I'm in love! 



I really loved how this card turned out and I hope you all enjoyed it too. Have a great day!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!